History of Boston Terrier Breed
- 1 History of Boston Terrier Breed
- 2 Basic Details about Boston Terrier Breed
- 3 Interesting Facts and other care tips:
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Questions and Answers:
Name of the breed: Boston Terrier Breed
Origin of the breed: United States
In the 1870s the very Boston Terrier breed was in Liverpool and is considered to be the ancestors of all Boston Terriers. It is the crossbreed of English Bulldog and English White Terrier. This bread is exported to the United States and there they bred with various breeds, especially they used French bulldogs to reduce the size of this breed. In 1889, the Boston Terrier became very popular and they formed the Boston terrier club. Originally this dog is bred for the ferocious pet fighter and its aggressive personality is lost due to its cheerful and friendly temperament. At present, this dog is recognized as a sweet and funny family companion.
Basic Details about Boston Terrier Breed
The average lifespan of the Boston Terrier Breed is around 11 to 13 years of age. If your treating and maintaining your dog is good it means it is able to survive 13 to 15 years of age. And its maximum life span is 18 years.
Appearance and colors
Boston Terrier has coats that are short, smooth, and shiny with fine texture, and there is some markings proportion which is white in color. And the color of the dog will be black, brindle, and seal color. The ears of Boston terriers are erect and their noses are flat. It has big eyes with a wrinkled face with a good expression and its looks. The chest part is a very broad and muscular, boxy-like appearance. It has a short tail that should not exceed two inches long.
- The weight of the Boston Terrier is categorized into three parts, which are less than 6.8kg, and 6.8 to 9kg, and 9 to 12kg. The dog should not exceed 12 kg of its weight, says International Standard. The weight of the dog is from 4 to 12 kg.
- The height of the Boston Terrier is around 12 to 15 inches at the shoulder, which is approximately 30 to 40cm in height. Generally, males are taller than female dogs.
They are very active and athletic, never weak and skinny. They are good charming personalities, kind, well mannered, Intelligent, Kid-friendly, and Pets friendly.
The Pregnancy time of Boston Terriers is around 60 to 64 days approximately. And its average litter size is around 1 to 6 puppies.
Interesting Facts and other care tips:
Suited for Apartment living:
Boston Terriers are good family companion dogs and these can be suited for Apartment livings, especially for their size. It will not disturb the surroundings.
Raw goat Milk, Fish, Peanut Butter, Buttermilk, Vegetables, dry foods, and fruits can be given to Boston Terrier.
Exercise and Training:
According to AKC, this dog is highly intelligent so they are easily trained, They require at least 45 minutes to 1 hour either training or exercise. Boston Terrier requires normal exercise such as running, brisk walking needed daily at least once or twice a day. And the Boston Terrier plays sports such as tracking flyball duck diving weight.
- In the year 1893, Boston Terrier was the first recognized non-sporting dog in the United States, by (AKC) American Kennel Club.
- From the year 1979, this dog is the official state dog of Massachusetts.
Health and Caring
- Some dogs of this breed have very short life spans because this dog has a short nose that will cause your dog to get some breathing issues.
- They are easily maintained with regular brushing; their coats, usually shed at very minimal quantity only.
- Bathing should be done, whenever it is necessary and the faces are washed well at least once a day, if you are not washing the face means the large eyes can be easily prone to dust. Always take care of your dog’s eyes whether they are free from dust or any redness or irritation.
A good small dog, good at family companions which are suitable for Apartment lives, this will be the one of the best to purchase.
One who reading this article having Boston Terrier means, kindly share your experience with us.
Questions and Answers:
How to select the original Boston Terrier ?
To select the original Boston Terrier, their face to be wrinkled, eyes are large, nose flattened. Its chest is broad and its tails are shorter than 2-inch in length.
What is the cost of a Boston Terrier?
The cost of Boston Terrier varies from place to place, the average price is $ 800 to $1500 USD.
What is the Pregnancy time and its litter size of Boston Terrier?
The Pregnancy time is approximately 63 days, and its litter size is around 3 to 5 puppies on average.
What are the interesting facts about the Boston Terrier Breed?
The Interesting facts about Boston Terrier are they are intelligent, active and they are also the state dog of Massachusetts. Its Intelligence ranking is 100 out of 136. In those days these dogs are very aggressive but nowadays they are very lovable.
What is the bite force of the Boston Terrier?
The Biting force of Boston Terrier Breed is around 190 to 195 pressure applied in one square inch.
Also Read : Chow Chow Dog Breed