Name of the breed: Giant Alaskan Malamute Breed
Origin of the breed: Alaska
History of Giant Alaskan Malamute dog breed
- 1 History of Giant Alaskan Malamute dog breed
- 2 Giant Alaskan Malamute dog’s Lifespan
- 3 Appearance and colors
- 4 Specification
- 5 Suited for Apartment living
- 6 Temperament
- 7 Pregnancy time
- 8 Food Habits
- 9 Exercise and Training
- 10 Interesting Facts
- 11 Health and Caring
- 12 Conclusion
- 13 FAQ
The Giant Alaskan Malamute dog breed is an ancient type breed, which is 3000 years ago, and these dogs are used by the Inuit tribe, that they resided in Kotzebue Sound, which is in the Northwestern region of Alaska, in 4000 years ago.
In those days these bred is used for Sled purposes to transport goods from one place to another place, these dogs are used because they have a good temperament, which can able to more distance, especially in polar regions with extremely harsh weather.
Alaskan Malamute is a brave dog, that is known to hunt seals and polar bears.
During the gold rush of 1896, the demand for this sled was so great with many prospectuses mixed them with other breeds making purebred Alaskan almost extinct during the 2nd world war,
These brave canines are used for working dogs alongside these soldiers in battles to sniff her minds carry weapons and act as search and rescue dogs.
Giant Alaskan Malamute dog’s Lifespan
The Average Life Expectancy of Alaskan Malamute is 10 years, if the food and maintenance are inspected well means then can keep your breed in good condition, and its life expectancy may increase by more than two years.
Appearance and colors
The Appearance of Alaskan Malamute dog breed eye color is brown, their ears are triangular in shape, and the head part of the dog is broad and it is wolf shape appearance.
Its expression is very soft. It has a Curly tail, with a touchback of the dog.
And the dog comes in a double coat usually longer than a Siberian husky. The color of the dog coat is black, red, and light grey. And it has a well-muscled body. Its legs are straight in the frontal part and muscular in the rear part.
The height of the male breed is 60 to 66cm and the height of the female breed is 56 to 61 cm. And the weight of the male breed is 36 to 44 kg and the weight of the female breed is 34 to 38 kg.
Suited for Apartment living
Alaskan Malamute is good for Apartment livings, if you spend 1 to 2 hours of time means, then it will not bark, else it will disturb your neighbors.
Alaskan Malamute is more aggressive with other dogs, so this will not be an animal-friendly dog. Its strength, endurance, aggressiveness are its temperament.
Alaskan Malamute dog breed pregnancy length is around 62 to 66 days, and its litter size is 4 to 6 puppies.
Alaskan Malamute eats White Rice, Brown Rice, Vegetables, Boiled Chicken, Scrambled Eggs, 2 to 4 cups of dog food per day (Highly protein content). And it eats Fish items such as Tuna and Salmon.
Exercise and Training
- Always keep your Alaskan Malamute dog breed, body active condition, so it requires exercise at least 2 hours time.
- It requires exercise such as running, walking, jumping, playing with the pets.
- If you are not spending time with your pets, means the dog will get bored and start barking.
- In the United States, this dog featured stamp is released by the postal service in the year 1984 and in several other countries.
- And in the year 1935, this breed is officially recognized by American Kennel Club.
- The present ranking of this breed is 54th in AKC.
Health and Caring
Some dog required more care, Alaskan Malamute dog breed also the one that we should care about it and its required proper maintenance.
- Coats should be brushed and cleaned well at least once a week
- Teeth should be brushed in order to prevent plagues and bacteria, brush the teeth at least twice a week.
- Requires proper grooming, it shed twice a year with a lot of hair fall.
If you need good family pets, with kids friendly and also suited for your home means, this Alaskan Malamute will be one of the best pets. But my suggestion this will not be better to use in Apartments if you not spending time for at least 1 hour.
If one who reading this article having Alaskan Malamute means, Kindly share your experience with us.
What are the things one should check before buying the Alaskan Malamute?
Those who are ready to buy Alaskan Malamute dog breed means one should check this appearance
- Broad Head, the face should be wolf-like appearance,
- Curly tail, and also it touches the back of its own body.
- Straight legs in the front portion,
- Brown eye color,
- The ear is triangular in shape.
What is the cost of the Alaskan Malamute dog breed?
Alaskan Malamute’s cost ranges from $500 – $2000, and its average cost is around $975.
Why do I want to Buy Alaskan Malamute dog breed?
Alaskan Malamute is a good family dog, kids friendly, used for guarding purposes, mostly polar habitants Alaskan breed is also the best one to choose.
These dogs are very similar to Siberian Husky. But, it requires an experienced owner can able to handle it easily.
Images credits by pixaby.com